In partnership with Visit Ridgeland, Eat Y’all (a sister company of Eat Jackson) will host Sweetest Chefs of the South on Monday, September 11 at The Lake House adjacent to Cock of the Walk on the Ross Barnett Reservoir in Ridgeland, Mississippi from 7:00 – 8:30 p.m. (VIP entrance at 6:30 p.m.). This is the third season for this popular and growing event which has been pegged as the “South’s most indulgent event of the year.”
Sweetest Chefs of the South has attracted 15 of our region’s top pastry chefs this year with a line-up that will make you swoon from a sugar coma. As a guest, you will have the chance to meet, greet, take photos – and yes, taste the delectables – of each of these chefs hailing from five different Southern states including several first time participants. Keeping with a popular theme of this event, guests will even vote on a people’s choice favorite to be announced at the end of the evening – all in fun.
The event serves as a fundraiser for Extra Table.
The following Southern pastry chefs will be featured hailing from award-winning and prestigious Southern eateries from New Orleans to Nashville to Atlanta and Birmingham. Don’t miss this chance to get to know these amazing chefs and their food right here in your backyard!
- BRITTANY GARRIGUS – Satterfield’s, Birmingham, AL
- JOSH LEAR – The Noble South, Mobile, AL
- MAGGIE SCALES – Herbsaint, New Orleans, LA
- NEALY FRENTZ – Lola Restaurant and Chopped, Covington, LA
- DANIELLE SMATHERS – Concentrics Restaurant Group, Atlanta, GA
- BRE KINKEAD – Parish, Atlanta, GA
- MEG BRENT – White Oak Kitchen & Cocktails, Atlanta, GA
- LAURA FIEBURG – Hutton Hotel, Nashville, TN
- TIFFANY RICHES – Baked, Nashville, TN
- MITCHELL MOORE – Campbell’s Bakery, Jackson, MS
- MARY JENNIFER RUSSELL – Sugaree’s Bakery, New Albany, MS
- ALEJANDRA MAMUD – La Brioche Patisserie, Jackson, MS
- CESAR BARACHINA – Pearl River Resort, Philadelphia, MS
- CHRIS WALKER – Seafood R’evolution, Ridgeland, MS
In addition, several new experiences have been added to this year’s agenda including:
- An expanded savory food tasting smogasboard highlighting food from approximately ten of Ridgeland’s top restaurants.
- A wide variety of craft alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages. Did someone say bourbon tasting? (Yes, I think they did.)
- Meet and learn from celebrity food bloggers Ally Phillips of Ally’s Bohemian Bold Kitchen and Kita Roberts of Pass the Sushi and Girl Carnivore on the Demo Stage.
- Wondering what to wear to all of fall’s upcoming food, football and holiday events? Get a taste of fall fashion trends and the opportunity to be fitted for their own pair of custom denim by Blue Delta Jeans!
- Want to sneak out onto the private smoking porch? Enjoy a private waterfront cigar patio hosted by The Country Squire, host of the nation’s top tobacco enthusiast podcast.
- Plus, as is the tradition, guests will receive a swag bag full of valuable goodies at the end of the evening including a “Passport to Ridgeland” with an opportunity to win sets of Ridgeland restaurant gift cards worth up to $1000.
Sweetest Chefs of the South is courtesy of event partners including Presenting Host, Visit Ridgeland and swag bag sponsor, Southern United Dairy Industry Association. Many thanks to all of our partners including Southern Peanut Growers, Graham Shrimp Co., Two Brooks Farm, Simmons Catfish, Nandy’s Candy, Sysco Jackson, Blue Delta Jeans, The Country Squire and more.
Advance ticket purchase is required, and since VIP tickets sold out quickly during early bird ticket sales, we recommend purchasing your tickets immediately to secure your spot at this event. For information about sponsorship or table reservation for groups, please call 601-852-3463.
Funds raised from this event will provide nutritious foods to Jackson metro food pantries and soup kitchens through Extra Table.