Rum is the perfect cocktail companion for our transition from summer to fall. As the morning dawns cooler and the sun sets sooner, rum will transition with you from it’s summery, island disposition into a richer heartwarming fall feature.
Over the past few weeks, we’ve celebrated the launch of Charboneau Distillery’s new Charboneau Gold Rum, an award-winning rum inside an award-winning bottle. It’s a premium distilate perfect for the range of rum cocktails we’ve been exploring recently.
To catch you up, here are our Six Perfect Rum Cocktails sure to make your trip from summer to fall just a bit more pleasant this year:
- The “Airmail” Cocktail pairing gold rum with white wine, lime and honey syrup.
- The mysterious “Batiste” Cocktail with Grand Marnier and Angostura bitters.
- The Tonic Cubano, a simple classic hailing from Cuba
- Daiquiri #2 packed with orange and lime citrus
- “El Presidente” with dry vermouth, grenadine and curacao
Last but not least, new this week, “Between the Sheets” is a cozy cocktail to warm you up on a chilly fall evening.
Cocktail Name: “Between the Sheets”
- .75 oz. cognac
- .75 oz. Charboneau Gold Rum
- .75 oz. Cointreau
- .50 oz. fresh lemon juice
- Shake all ingredients together in an ice-filled cocktail shaker until chilled very well.
- Strain into a chilled coupe glass.
- Garnish with a twist of orange peel and then enjoy!
What cocktails will be your go-to for fall? Our cocktail expert, Mitchell Earrey, tells us that the Between the Sheets cocktail is thought to have been created in Paris in the 1930’s. While the cocktail is similar to a Sidecar, it utilizes gold rum and foregoes the classic sugared rim Sidecars traditionally sport. Cheers!
>> Thanks to our resident cocktail expert, Mitchell Earrey at Livingston Cellars, for sharing this recipe. All of the ingredients needed can be purchased at Livingston Cellars in the town of Livingston.