A Real Gem in Pearl, Mississippi…

FriscoDeli-RibsIf you find yourself with a rumbling in your tummy and a hankering for chicken tenders, you have your pick of places that specialize in them these days. But before any of them made their way into the Jackson area, there was Frisco Deli in Pearl, Mississippi.

This Rankin County favorite doesn’t just serve chicken strips, of course. Frisco Deli (or just “Frisco,” if you are -or ever have been- a regular) is also known for its ribs. They’re the fall-off-the-bone variety, and you can get them dry or slathered with a sweet, tangy sauce, if you prefer. Frisco also offers a full menu of sandwiches, sides, and desserts.

FriscoDeli-SignThough there have been some cosmetic updates over the years, you don’t go to Frisco for the ambiance; you go for the food and for the people. And so does everyone else, it would seem - if you go during lunchtime during the week, be prepared to stand in line. Frisco Deli is an eatery that’s short on pretense and long on loyalty, both from its customers and its staff. Some of the same folks that were slinging tenders there over a decade and a half ago (way back when this Eat Jackson writer used to take a church youth group on Wednesday nights) are still at Frisco today.

That kind of loyalty from staff members says a lot about the kind of place it is and helps to ensure a level of customer service that keeps Frisco’s customers coming back week after week, year after year.

Insider’s Tip: Try the Goldrush sauce on your tenders or sandwich. In this Eat Jackson writer’s opinion, it’s what  makes Frisco Deli stand out above the competition, and makes this Pearl landmark a true Mississippi gem.

Frisco Deli on Urbanspoon
Frisco Deli
1227 Phillips Ln
Pearl, MS 39208
(601) 932-6301
friscodeli.com

Related Posts

, , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

16 Responses to A Real Gem in Pearl, Mississippi…

1. Michelle Watson September 13, 2013 at 1:34 pm #

Great looking food. Can’t wait to try this.

2. Amanda Adams September 13, 2013 at 1:34 pm #

I just moved to an office in Pearl. I must check it out.

3. Jeff Mason September 13, 2013 at 1:38 pm #

Best dry ribs in the metro.

4. monifa September 13, 2013 at 1:40 pm #

Love Frisco s deli..been eating here since high school. .tendersvare delicious. .followed them to to Madison. .if they would òpen one in clinton it would be awesome. ..

5. Cary September 13, 2013 at 2:07 pm #

Roast beef sandwich is my favoriteeee!!!!

6. Karen Matlock September 13, 2013 at 2:15 pm #

I love love Frisco’s Delic…the chicken tenders are so fresh and fried to perfection, as well as, the fried catfish. I often recommend Frisco’s and those that try it, ask me “why didn’t you tell me about that place before now”!

7. Karen Matlock September 13, 2013 at 2:28 pm #

I love, love Frisco’s Deli! The chicken tenders and the catfish are seasoned and fried to perfection. I often recommend Frisco’s to others and they respond after visiting Frisco’s is “why haven’t you told us about this place before now.!

8. Tracy September 13, 2013 at 2:34 pm #

The new orleans style roast beef poboy is great!

9. Sydney September 13, 2013 at 3:10 pm #

I love the home-town atmosphere at Frisco’s! Still remember my first visit… it’s certainly a treat for anyone in the area to have such a unique place to dine! Best fried catfish I’ve had in a long time.

10. Denise September 13, 2013 at 4:20 pm #

Now you’ve really got me craving soul food! This sounds great!

11. Julie Powell September 13, 2013 at 9:45 pm #

Great reason to make a drive to Pearl. Haven’t been to the Frisco in a while, but the food has always been good.

12. GC September 15, 2013 at 11:14 am #

Their food has always been good and their wait staff is so fun!

13. Nyssa September 18, 2013 at 8:56 am #

Frisco is one of my favorite places, right next to broadstreet. Their muffeletta is to die for. By far the meatiest I have ever seen. Plus, the olive salad has chunks of olives, not that minced junk syne places try to serve.

14. Nyssa September 18, 2013 at 8:57 am #

Frisco is one of my favorite places, right next to broadstreet. Their muffeletta is to die for. By far the meatiest I have ever seen. Plus, the olive salad has chunks of olives, not that minced junk some places try to serve.

15. LoyalCustomer September 21, 2013 at 10:47 pm #

Love the strips (miss the original batter), plus time to upgrade the fries with some options like seasoned or Cajun fries, always take my girls their when in town. Good PoBoy’s as well,….
    Appreciate the Christian Owner with the Bible verse next to the menu..

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. Eat Jackson's 2013 By the Numbers! - December 30, 2013

[…] Over Heels: Gil’s Bread in Ridgeland Opens A Real Gem in Pearl, Mississippi: Do You Dig this Diner? The Anticipated Opening: Fondren […]