Room Service – Without the Hotel!

The first time a friend said “Hey, we should get Room Service!” – I was a little confused. Room service? Isn’t that just something you get when you’re staying at a hotel?

RoomService-TunaSammie

Biloxi Sammie on Sugarbusters

She rolled her eyes and handed me a menu for Room Service, a primarily take-out and catering-oriented lunch joint here in Jackson. Rather than eat at their place, you eat their food at yours. Hence, Room Service.

Since that day, I’ve had Room Service several times. Whether it’s catering for lunch meetings or just running in to get my own “Sammie” to go, their expansive menu has proven a good choice on many an occasion.

Here’s what you need to know: Room Service is lunch-only, and pick-up or delivery is their niche. The Room Service menu really is big – it’s pretty much only sandwiches and salads, but there are DOZENS of sandwiches and salads from which to choose. In their world, sandwiches are “Sammies” – and they have a lot to choose from, like the Biloxi (tuna salad with avocado, sprouts, spinach and tomato) or the Deltan (ham, pimiento cheese, asparagus, red onion, tomato, lettuce) or, if you want to move outside of the Mississippi-themed sandwiches, there’s also the San Francisco, the Napa Valley, the Jamaica… the list goes on!

RoomService-Salad

California Style Salad

On the Salad side of the menu, there are just as many tempting options. The Colorado, for example – a tempting combination of chicken, pears, bacon, blue cheese, crispy noodles, egg, tomato, and red onion, on a bed of lettuce and spinach.

They have a handful of basic sides – think green salad, pasta salad, soup, chips – you can select to accompany your Sammie or Salad. All in all, if you’re looking for something to eat in Jackson that you can get quickly and feel great about eating, give Room Service a try. No hotel stay required.

RoomService-SammieonRye

Vegamite Sammie on Pumpernickel

Food: Fresh, interesting take on sandwich-and-salad fare. A great range of ingredients. Don’t forget to check out the specialty sauces and toppings, like a variety of mayonnaises, and mango chutney – yum!

Atmosphere: Don’t plan to eat there. This is a grab-and-go sorta place. Or they’ll bring it to you (tip your driver). Pick-up, take-out, delivery.

Service:  The staff can be a bit brusque, since they’re trying to get everything out the door quickly and usually balancing multiple orders, often for big groups. But it all depends on who’s on duty – you may get a quick hand-off, or a big smile with your Sammie. Either way, give ‘em a smile from you. It’s just always a good policy.

Room Service on Urbanspoon
Room Service
4659 McWillie Drive
Jackson, MS 39206
(601) 362-4617
roomservicejackson.com
Price: $

Related Posts

, , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

21 Responses to Room Service – Without the Hotel!

1. Ellen V. Yeates April 5, 2013 at 1:35 pm #

I have worked in Downtown Jackson for over 20 years and Room Service is a go-to place for delivery when the team is gearing up for trial!

2. David April 5, 2013 at 1:50 pm #

I always enjoy when they deliver for some of our meetings.

3. TGK April 5, 2013 at 2:05 pm #

Love Room Service’s salads… #variety

4. Karen April 5, 2013 at 3:14 pm #

The few times I’ve had Room Service, the service was horrible. Once, I received the wrong salad. I told the driver. He got mad & told me that if he comes back, I will have to tip him again. I’ve also seen a driver that refused to give the customers their food because he felt his tip wasn’t big enough. Granted he only got a dollar per person BUT that still is unprofessional.

5. Baron April 5, 2013 at 3:28 pm #

Easily the best sandwich I’ve ever head in Jackson. I’ve never been able to try a salad, or even stray from my mainstay there, because it is just so good.

6. Nyssa April 5, 2013 at 5:19 pm #

Where is this?

7. Nyssa April 5, 2013 at 5:20 pm #

Nevermind I just saw that. Haha. Can’t wait to try it.

8. Kenley April 5, 2013 at 7:04 pm #

This place has wonderful salads!!!

9. Jitsuda April 7, 2013 at 11:16 am #

We order from here all the time. All their salads are great. The one with smoked salmon is my favourite.

10. Star April 9, 2013 at 7:29 pm #

One of my favorite restaurant!! The Tuna and Big sandwiches are my FAVORITE!!!!!!!! I wish they stayed open later though.

11. Jamie April 11, 2013 at 6:15 am #

Always receive enough for two meals! A must try for anyone in the Jackson area!

12. Allison April 11, 2013 at 8:22 am #

Thank you Eat Jackson. I think I’ll have a Pam’s Salad for lunch today!

13. Joyce April 11, 2013 at 9:55 am #

Easily my favorite sandwich place. Generous portions. North Jackson location so much closer. Depending on staff of the day, they know me well enough to not have to ask anymore. Feels more like a neighborhood place. Although understand reasoning for not being open nights and weekends sure wish they would reconsider at some point. Have had all sandwiches and salads now except the ones with blue cheese and olives. My favorite seems to change with my mood. If you don’t get great service, may want to consider the vibes you are sending. Have found polite with a smile is usually returned.

14. GC April 12, 2013 at 1:40 pm #

I wish Room Service would open a location in Flowood!!! I miss you :-( OPEN ANOTHER LOCATION IN FLOWOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

15. Sally April 12, 2013 at 1:46 pm #

We always order Room Service when the weather is bad and we don’t want to get out for lunch. Their salads are the best!

16. Hank Aiken April 12, 2013 at 2:14 pm #

Room service is perfect for busy people. The salads and sandwiches all all very good, and one order is usually enough for two (reasonable) people.

17. Amanda April 15, 2013 at 7:22 am #

This is the only place in Jackson to get a salad. Their comeback dressing is excellent, and the possible combinations are endless. This is one of the few establishments where you definitely get your money’s worth; huge portions! And for all the previous postings saying service isn’t up to par, I like it just fine. The staff is quick and efficient, no muss, no fuss, just the way I like it. If you want dinner and a show, take it somewhere else. If you want great, fresh, healthy fair for a little bit of change, this is right up your alley.

18. Carl April 19, 2013 at 2:53 pm #

GTK about this place I wouldn’t have otherwise found. How are the prices? They’re not mentioned here and oddly omitted from most items (such as sandwiches) on their website. Thanks!

19. Pamela April 30, 2013 at 5:18 pm #

A great place for a sandwich, haven’t tried a salad.

So far the Old Tyme (Reuben) has been my favorite. I did toast the sandwich in a skillet before eating.

20. Dee April 1, 2014 at 7:30 am #

The chicken pasta salad is so good, I’ve been ordering from there for almost 20 years !! Yes they have been delivering that long. And their ranch dressing is to die for, bad but really good :-)

21. Livi April 14, 2014 at 11:52 am #

I will never go again, customer service is everything and there’s is the worst. Evelyn is a manager, or so she said, but she gives the company a very bad name. She not only was rude she hung up on me after getting my order wrong. I will never spend a penny there.