Good donuts, that is.
I am not a fan of heavy, cake-like objects in the shape of a donut. Or ones that are too greasy. But those perfectly fried sweet bread morsels draped in a perfect coat of sugar glaze…those have my heart. Light, melt in your mouth, tastes of heaven.
That being said, I fully approve and endorse the donut goodness that exists at the Donut Palace, a locally owned group of donut shops that have popped up in recent years around the metro area.
But for me, personally, I always need a reason to get donuts. With that in mind, here are THIRTEEN valid reasons to eat donuts from the Donut Palace – just in case you need reasons, too.
Thirteen Reasons To Get Donut Palace Donuts
1. I didn’t sleep well last night. Grab a bag full of donuts and large coffee to jump start your day.
2. There’s a crisp feeling in the air this morning. Celebrate with a Maple Crumb Donut or a Homemade Apple Fritter.
3. My kid had all A’s on his report card. Take him out for donuts (so you can have some, too).
4. My kid rocked out his school play / soccer game / football game / ballet class / art class / music class / recital / school project……. Take her out for donuts (so you can have some, too).
5. My kid had a rough day at school. Make it better with donuts (so you can have some, too).
6. My friend needs a pick-me-up. Take her some donuts (so you can have some, too).
7. Chocolate craving. Go with the Chocolate Donut Holes.
8. There’s nothing good in the house for breakfast. Grab donuts on the go.
9. I need to connect with my inner child today. Have a Pig in the Blanket and some Chocolate and Vanilla Sprinkle Donuts.
10. I have a really important meeting today! Have a Ham and Cheese Croissant – and a donut.
11. I need to carb load for a long run. Have a dozen donuts. (Okay, that’s probably not going to get the job done right, but it was worth a try…)
12. I heard there’s bacon on a donut at the Donut Palace. This, I’ve GOT to try (and try again. and again. and, yes, again.) It’s true: The Donut Palace is home to the Bacon Maple Glazed Donut. If ever there was a must try menu item in our book, this certainly is it.
13. Eat Jackson said so. You better go try these donuts stat.
Food: Sweet. But they also have savory options like the popular Pig in a Blanket and Ham and Cheese Croissants. They also have both chocolate and plain glazed donut holes – a major plus with the littler donut lovers among us.
Service: Quick. But the drive-thru line is often long, so we recommend walking in for quicker service if you’re in a pinch.
Atmosphere: Expect the standard donut shop experience: efficient, plain straightforward atmosphere featuring hot coffee, hot chocolate, milk, chocolate milk, juices and soft drinks from self-service stations and drink coolers and a mouth-watering case full of donut goodness.
The sign on the door says they’re open til 2 p.m. But they weren’t on the day I stopped by at 1 p.m. They most definitely ARE open for normal breakfast hours with a drive-thru and walk-in service available in the mornings with five metro locations to serve you.
1139 Old Fannin Road, Brandon, MS
1530 West Government Street, Brandon, MS
119 Bozeman Road, Madison, MS
1716 U.S. 51, Madison, MS