There are still a limited number of tickets available, so be sure to purchase your tickets before it’s too late!
Eat Jackson’s Bread Pudding Throwdown will feature 18 different bread puddings made from scratch by local Jackson-area chefs from 15 different restaurants. The restaurants participating in the Throwdown are as follows: Babalu Tacos & Tapas, BRAVO! Italian Restaurant & Bar, Ely’s Restaurant & Bar, Julep Restaurant and Bar, Miller’s Grill, Mint the Restaurant, Nick’s Restaurant, Old Capitol Inn (they’ll have two), Ole Tavern on George Street, The Parker House Restaurant, Parlor Market, Primos Cafe, Sophia’s at Fairview Inn, Two Sisters Kitchen, and Underground 119.
Eat Jackson’s Bread Pudding Throwdown ticket holders (which will hopefully be YOU!) will don their brand new (included in your ticket price) “Official Judge” apron upon arrival and take on the exciting, yet challenging task of choosing their favorite of the bread puddings. By the end of the evening, a winner will be determined by popular vote naming the BEST BREAD PUDDING IN JACKSON. Not only will guests get to vote for Overall Best Bread Pudding, but they’ll also get to vote for Most Creative Bread Pudding and Most Like Grandma’s Bread Pudding. Before our guests arrive, we’ll give one restaurant’s table an award for Most Attractive Table Décor, to encourage even more competition amongst the participants!
So is this event going to have anything besides bread pudding?
So glad you asked. As far as food goes, bread pudding is all you’ll need, so that’s all we’ll have.
Aside from food, here’s what you can expect:
1. An opportunity to donate to Craig Noone’s “Rock it Out” Memorial Scholarship. This scholarship will help fund selected Jackson area students’ culinary education in memory of the late Craig Noone, former Executive Chef at downtown premier restaurant, Parlor Market. Eat Jackson is making a generous donation with proceeds from your ticket purchases – and we hope you’ll join us by dropping a few bucks in jar to support the cause.
2. A PREMIUM Bourbon Tasting courtesy of Kat’s Wine. What goes better with bread pudding than premium bourbon?!
We’ve selected a top shelf premium list of amazing bourbons for you to taste in between bread pudding bites. Among the selection available will be Maker’s 46, Buffalo Trace, Four Roses Small Batch, Black Maple Hill 8, and Jefferson’s Reserve. There will be others – but we like to leave a few surprises!
3. Live jazz music by Raphael Semmes and a group of award winning musicians assembled just for this event! The group includes Mississippi Jazz Foundation and Jackson Music Award selectees, Jackson Free Press “Best of Jackson” winners and members of venerable area bands including ”The Vamps” and “These Days.” Semmes will be on bass along with guitarist Barry Leach, drummer Denny Burkes, and saxophonist Thomas “Tiger” Rogers. When asked about the music at the event, Semmes said his goal was to “reflect the tastes and diversity of this special event as well as the creative spirit of (the late) Craig Noone and the Jackson area’s culinary community… while providing the soundtrack for a memorable evening.”
4. A coffee tasting provided by BeanFruit Coffee Company! Paul and Anita Bonds, owners and founders of BeanFruit Coffee Company, provide some of the best coffee any of us have ever tried in our lives. BeanFruit Coffee Company is a small coffee roasting company located right here in Jackson, and they are the ONLY Fair Trade Certified Roaster in the State of Mississippi. They focus on “single origin” coffees, so customers can know what they are drinking and where it came from. This coffee is for true connoisseurs. Want to know more? Read about Eat Jackson’s recent “coffee cupping” experience with Paul Bonds and his fabulous BeanFruit coffees.
5. Did we mention “Official Judge” Aprons? Each ticket holder will receive a professional apron imprinted with the “Official Judge” title and logo of the event. A great looking apron to wear while tasting – and for all the tasting you do in your own kitchen!
6. A WHOLE LOT of Door Prizes will be awarded. Each participating restaurant has given us some “free money” to their restaurant to give away, so don’t miss your chance to win back your ticket investment in a meal to one of the participating restaurants!
7. Old Capitol Inn will have a cash bar in full swing, so if you fancy something special to sip on that isn’t on one of our tasting bars, the fine folks at Old Capitol Inn should be able to hook you up!
We may have another surprise or two in store for you at the actual event, but how will you know unless you’re there?! Go ahead, buy some tickets for you and your significant other, best friend, parents, favorite teacher (#browniepoints!)… And don’t wait until the last minute – or this event will pass you by. No tickets will be sold at the door. Pre-purchase is required.
We can’t wait to see you on January 18th! If you have any questions about the event, leave them in the comments section, or just email us, and we’ll get your queries answered!
Last but not least… a HUGE Eat Jackson thank you to our event sponsors!