Sugar Cookies: Our Take Out of the Week

The Patty Peck Honda Take Out of the Week this week is from Broad Street Baking Company in Banner Hall!

This well-known Jackson eatery does a fabulous job on breakfast, lunch, dinner, beverages, bread, muffins, pastries… You name it! But today… Broad Street’s sugar cookies are the hero.

Sugar Cookie Turkeys Anyone?

These cookies are perfect for a tailgate or a school Thanksgiving party! (Don’t forget that you signed up to bring something! You’re welcome for the reminder!) Kids and adults alike will appreciate the fall and Thanksgiving themed sugar cookies that we’re so crazy about from Broad Street!

If you haven’t seen it, it’s worth a trip to Broad Street just to look at their knock-out pastry case with the vibrant fall colors beaming from inside. The red, orange, and yellow leaf shaped cookies are so bright and fall-ish, and the cookies artfully decorated as turkeys are just too much fun.

These cookies are going to be the hit of one very important elementary student’s classroom… They’re also going to be the star of Mrs. Jackson’s tailgating fare this upcoming weekend. She said, “These will be such a hit at our tailgate! I got me a box, ignoring the fact that I was not signed up to bring anything to this week’s tailgate! People need to know about these cookies, so I took it upon myself to educate my friends!”

Cookies from Broad Street in Jackson

How fun are these fall cookies from Broad Street Baking Company in Jackson?!

Cute is great. But how do they taste?

The first pinch made my taste buds so happy that I broke off another little piece. Then another…

Before I knew it, the cookie had vanished. Disappeared. Was nowhere to be found… And I was left thinking, “Wow. What a fine cookie.”

The thing I loved about this cookie was that it was not too terribly sweet. I also really liked the icing. It was the kind that gets a little bit hard, so the slightly hard icing plus the soft cookie came together to form a sweet item that my taste buds and I deemed worthy of sharing!

Go Ahead. Place Your Order!

If you’re going to the Egg Bowl this coming weekend or have a party to attend and need a quick pick-up item, don’t forget about Broad Street and their yummy/pretty cookies!

Want to Win Some of These Cookies?

Want six of these cookies for free so you can see for yourself how good they are?! Simply comment on this post telling us why you love Broad Street and one lucky person will end up with some free goodies! The winner will be selected this Friday, November 18.

Broad Street Baking Company and Cafe on Urbanspoon

Broad Street Baking Company
Banner Hall
4465 I 55 N Ste 101
Jackson, MS 39206
(601) 362-2900
broadstbakery.com
Price: $

, , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

20 Responses to Sugar Cookies: Our Take Out of the Week

1. Taylor Parks November 14, 2011 at 11:43 pm #

I love Broad Street because of its relative location to my college, Millsaps. The sandwiches (the ham and turkey on sourdough was what I had last) are awesome and I love the Zapp’s chips!

2. Taylor Parks November 14, 2011 at 11:43 pm #

3. Karen Kegley November 15, 2011 at 10:15 pm #

I do not have a sweet tooth, but once I tasted one of these iced cookies, I had to get another a couple of weeks later. There’s a touch of almond flavoring in the icing, not overwhelming, just the perfect amount, and that’s what puts these cookies in a class by themselves. Just another reason to love Broad Street! Not to mention the generous way in which Jeff treats his diners with the Frequent Diner card, the Bread Card, the Coffee Card. Plus, the regular clientele. I love to see the same faces, both in front of the counter and behind the counter. There isn’t another place in town like Broad Streetg.

4. Karen Kegley November 15, 2011 at 10:15 pm #

5. Jessie November 15, 2011 at 10:51 pm #

I love Broadstreet because their food is delicious and they are always doing great things in the community!! I’d love to sample a few of their fall cookies. :)

6. Jessie November 15, 2011 at 10:51 pm #

7. Toya Brown November 15, 2011 at 11:03 pm #

I love broad street fresh bread bread that they make. You can never go wrong pairing that with one of their fabulous sandwichs.

8. Toya Brown November 15, 2011 at 11:03 pm #

9. Cindy P November 15, 2011 at 11:21 pm #

I LOVE Broad Street because of the food! I love the quiche & the sugar free coffee panna cotta. My girls love the cookies..that’s something I always have to get even if we are getting take out. The t-shirts are always cute..they always have cute sayings on them. Broad Street never disappoints!

10. Cindy P November 15, 2011 at 11:21 pm #

11. Gina Mitchell November 15, 2011 at 11:24 pm #

I love Broad Street!!! I want free cookies!!

12. Gina Mitchell November 15, 2011 at 11:24 pm #

I love Broad Street!!! I want free cookies!!

13. Meg November 16, 2011 at 7:11 am #

I think their breakfast is one of the best in town! Can’t think of a better Saturday morning than a big Broad Street breakfast and then a cookie for later!

14. Meg November 16, 2011 at 7:11 am #

15. Jenna J November 16, 2011 at 10:02 pm #

I love Broadstreet because I can pop in on my way to work or it is a short distance that I can take to get some dinner. I cannot get enough of their sugar cookies! I was so excited to see EatJackson’s write up about them because of how much I adore them. I’ve picked up several to have as a snack over several days or to share with friends and co-workers. My EatJackson card helps as well! But most of all I love Broadstreet because each and every person who works there is so very nice every time I darken their doors!

16. Jenna J November 16, 2011 at 10:02 pm #

17. Corey November 16, 2011 at 11:15 pm #

I love Broad Street because everything is fresh & delicious. That combo always makes for the best food. The chicken parmesan is hands down my fave.

18. Corey November 16, 2011 at 11:15 pm #

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. National Cookie Day Kicks Off National Cookie Cutter Week | Eat Jackson! - December 4, 2011

[...] we’ve enjoyed enough to write about on Eat Jackson… We’ve had some good ones! Broad Street’s fall cookies to go, Halloween cookies from all over town, the sugar cookies from Miller’s Grill downtown, [...]

2. National Cookie Day Kicks Off National Cookie Cutter Week | Eat Jackson! - December 4, 2011